Whether you’re a competitive athlete or just like to wade, we’ve got something for everyone at the Kroc Center. Our Aquatics Department, complete with American Red Cross certified instructors and lifeguards, is dedicated to providing quality classes and training in a safe environment, no matter your age or ability.
Equipped with a 28-foot slide, three lap lanes, lazy river, outdoor splash pad and a 17-person hot tub, the Kroc Center’s pool offers many different types of swimming times to accommodate all different types of ages and swimmers.
- Lap Swim: The lap pool area is open for swimmers 12+ years of age.
- Parent & Toddler Swim: The best times for parents with small children, seniors and lap swimmers to enjoy our lap and leisure pool. Classes may be conducted during this time as well.
- Open Swim: All pools including the water slide, lazy river and leisure pool are open.
NOTE: The Kroc Center does NOT provide towels or locks for lockers.
LESSONS & CLASSES
The Kroc Center Aquatics program offers a comprehensive learn-to-swim program, water fitness programs, parent/tot class and certification opportunities.
- Our Learn-to-Swim program aims to develop progressive swimming skills. Each skill level (1-5) includes the teaching and assessment of critical water skills, plus a water safety component. The Kroc Center follows the American Red Cross program using certified instructors.
- Water fitness classes are available, including water aerobics, river walking, boot camp and more.
- Parent/Tot: Two levels of classes are offered to help acclimate your child to the water through fun and games.
- Certifications: The Kroc Center offers American Red Cross certification courses in Lifeguarding, CPR/AED, and First Aid.
If you have any questions regarding our aquatics programs, please contact our Aquatics Manager at 616.588.7200 x2037. We know you will find something that sparks your interest and look forward to serving you.