Whether you’re a competitive athlete or just like to wade, we’ve got something for everyone at the Kroc Center. Our Aquatics Department, complete with American Red Cross certified instructors and lifeguards, is dedicated to providing quality classes and training in a safe environment, no matter your age or ability.
Equipped with a 28-foot slide, three lap lanes, lazy river, outdoor splash pad and a 17-person hot tub, the Kroc Center’s pool offers many different types of swimming times to accommodate all different types of ages and swimmers.
- Lap Swim: The lap pool area is open for swimmers 12+ years of age.
- Parent & Toddler Swim: The best times for parents with small children, seniors and lap swimmers to enjoy our lap and leisure pool. Classes may be conducted during this time as well.
- Open Swim: All pools including the water slide, lazy river and leisure pool are open.
Click here to view this month’s pool schedule.
NOTE: The Kroc Center does NOT provide towels or locks for lockers.
LESSONS & CLASSES
The Kroc Center Aquatics program offers American Red Cross swim lessons, water fitness classes and certification opportunities.
- Parent & Child Swim Lessons: Two levels are offered to help your child adjust to the water and begin learning basic skills through fun and games.
- Preschool Swim Lessons: Three levels are offered for 3–4 year olds, ranging from beginner skills with a parent joining for part of the class to performing skills without assistance.
- Learn-to-Swim Levels 1–6: Lower levels teach basic swimming and water safety skills while higher levels build on endurance and repetition and introduce new swim strokes and skills.
- Lessons for Teens & Adults: We offer a teen swim lessons specifically for 12–17 year olds that have little to no swimming ability. Adult swim lessons are offered in three different levels.
- Private & Semi-Private Swim Lessons: Private lessons are 1-on-1 with an instructor, while semi-private lessons are taught with two participants of similar swimming ability. These classes can be more customized to the participants’ ability and needs.
- Water Fitness Classes: We offer a variety of classes to meet different fitness levels and needs, including Water Aerobics, Arthritic H2O, Aqua Zumba, Prenatal Water Fitness and more.*
- Certifications: The Kroc Center offers American Red Cross certification and review courses in Waterpark Lifeguarding and CPR/AED/First Aid.
*Class offerings may vary by program session. Please refer to the current program guide for a complete list of aquatics classes.
If you have any questions regarding our aquatics programs, please contact our Aquatics Manager at 616.588.7200 ext. 2037. We know you will find something that sparks your interest and look forward to serving you.